Here is some useful background information
Couples are eligible to be married in the Parish if one or both parties meet one of the following requirements:
- Bride or groom was baptised in the Parish
- Bride or groom was confirmed in the Parish
- Bride, groom or parent has at any time resided in the Parish for at least 6 months
- Bride, groom or parent has at any time habitually attended public worship in the Parish for at least 6 months
- A parent or grandparent was married in the Parish
- If you are not eligible through one of the above, we still may be able to help you. You can, by attending church regularly, establish a qualifying connection. For more information please take a look at the Church of England website weddings page.
Your first steps
- Please complete the enquiry form on this page.
- Once we receive your enquiry you will be contacted and invited to meet with the Vicar, who will explain how weddings in church are arranged and help you plan this special occasion.
- You will be invited to attend a Marriage Preparation Day along with other couples (usually 10-14 couples) marrying in the same year as you. It is a great chance to think about the challenges and joys of married life and to meet other couples planning their wedding day.
- We ask our couples to buy the book ‘Growing Together’ by Andrew Body (ISBN 978-0-7151-4241-7) available at local bookshops and on-line.
- For further information please take a look at the Church of England website weddings page
Remarriage after divorce
We welcome enquiries from couples wishing to remarry after divorce.
Marriage with children
We are happy to marry couples who already have children and, if appropriate, the children can be involved in the service.
The statutory wedding fee is £598 (2021) which does include calling of banns and certificate but not any optional extras e.g. organist, candle, bells. Wedding fees are set centrally by the Church of England.
It is a privilege and a joy to welcome couples and witness them make their vows to each other in the stillness and beauty of the parish church. If you would like a church wedding then please don’t hesitate to get in touch. Wherever you decide to marry may you know God’s blessing on your wedding day and throughout the whole of your life together.